INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
If you or your group would like to improve the quality of life for our clients and their family members, join us as a VOLUNTEER! There are a variety of opportunities available for individuals and groups.
AN EVENT VOLUNTEER: It takes many hands to implement successful fundraising events: registration, raffle tickets, greeters, and more. Click here to check our upcoming EVENTS.
FRIENDS IN DEED: Volunteers hosting fun activities to increase agency awareness and revenues for DOORWAYS.
A GOODS DRIVE: Collections of specific items can be a tremendous benefit to our clients. Please visit our Amazon Wish List or contact us to schedule a goods drive.
DIRECT SERVICES: If you enjoy activities with clients and family members, consider hosting a social activity, 1:1 companion time, adopt a client or family for the holidays, etc.
STAFF SUPPORT: We can use help indoors and outdoors with data entry, monitoring the front door, filing, painting, gardening (raking, weeding, planting, mulching, trimming), cleaning, and other small projects for those with maintenance skills.
SPECIALIZED SERVICES VOLUNTEER: If you hold a professional license or proof of intern status, share your skills with clients through pastoral care, yoga, hair/nail care, massage therapy, etc.
TO VOLUNTEER AS AN INDIVIDUAL
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Complete the individual volunteer application.
- Meet with us and attend a volunteer orientation session.
- If applicable, take a TB test and Criminal Background Screening (obtained through DOORWAYS at no charge to you.)
- Sign volunteer release forms.
Please allow 2 weeks to complete this process.
TO VOLUNTEER AS A GROUP
- Complete the group volunteer application (one needed per group).
- All group members must attend a volunteer orientation session.
- All group members must sign Volunteer Release Forms.
Steps 2 and 3 can be completed on site your first day of service.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact our Volunteer Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-328-2707.
volunteers provided 3,753 hours of service
valued at $102,084 in FY20, before COVID restrictions.